Thursday, October 29, 2009

Clementine

I’ve been meaning to try Clementine for a while, but the problem, and it’s a very small one, is that it’s close to my office, and not downtown. And I didn’t think that they were open for lunch. With Connor-pup, I have to go home after work, and can’t stay uptown for dinner.logo_home Anyway… the Blonde and the Redhead took me to dinner there for my birthday last night and we had an amazing and fun dinner. I was thrilled to see that they had escargot on the menu, as you rarely see them. I ordered them as my starter. They were sauteed with shitake mushrooms in a garlic cream sauce over toast points, and were fabulous!Clementine 004The B&R split an order of macaroni and cheese, which is similar to the mac & cheese at Sobo Cafe, where the chef at Clementine used to cook. This is made with the traditional elbow macaroni, instead of Sobo’s penne pasta, but it was every bit as good. Clementine 005For my main, I had the smoked pork tenderloin with smoked gouda mashed potatoes and asparagus. Clementine 009 The Blonde had the Baltimore Grill, a lovely piece of steak, with shredded horserashish and the same mash and mixed vegetables. Clementine 010 The Redhead had a pork chop with mash and asparagus. Clementine 011 Two friends of ours stopped by for drinks at Clementine and sent over a piece of coconut cake with seven-minute icing, which was perfect to end the meal!

Clementine specializes in charcuterie and makes their own sausages and smokes the meat on premise. They’ve just expanded from the original space into the space next door, more than doubling the size of the restaurant.

It was a great place for a celebration dinner in a casual setting and I am sure it will become a new favourite for all of us!Clementine 014

Thanks again, B&R for the lovely presents, the wonderful dinner and the exceptional friendship!!!

7 comments:

strawberriesinparis said...

What a nice birthday dinner! Looks as good as every meal I have had there also!

Me said...

Clementine is one of my top 3 favorite restaurants in Baltimore. The chef's mother makes all the desserts herself!!!! I love Winston's mother!

B More Sweet

Michael Lantz said...

I have never been to Clementine's before.I will have to go there one day.The food there looks good.Is it very expensive to eat there?

Pigtown*Design said...

Michael... dinner for three, with drinks was about $120.

theminx said...

Happy birthday!

They sure like parsley there, huh? Haven't tried the place yet, but it's on my list.

Michael Lantz said...

I will have to pass that place up because I don't make that kind of money,maybe if I hit the lotto or my ship to come in.

Kitchen Butterfly said...

I've never tried snails in garlic and cream. See in Nigeria, we cook them in a spicy, peppery tomato sauce - heavenly. You have to try it sometime, and when I've done the L'escargot thingie, I'll let you know!