Monday, August 25, 2008

Market Report - August 24

The market seemed a bit quieter this week, perhaps because of everyone trying to squeeze in one more weekend at the beach before school begins.

As Kitchenography was trying to choose which of the amazing mushrooms to buy, I was furiously snapping pictures of their amazing and interesting shapes and colours. The ones I found most interesting were the "hen-in-the-woods" variety.
I think that this summer with its early rain and late heat has really produced huge crops of tomatoes and peppers. The varieties are quite stunning, from big red bell peppers to small red chili peppers.
With my great new camera, I am delighted to see the "inner life" of flowers and captured this dahlia's colours and inner whorls and swirls in great detail.
See you next week at the Market!

No comments: