Thursday, July 17, 2008

Suzy's Soba

Wednesday was one of those days... a morning meeting in Howard County, lunch with my sister, back into the city for a much-needed haircut, dinner with the Blonde & Redhead and finally, a late evening glass of wine with P&B.


My two best friends and I, collectively known as the Blonde, the Brunette and the Redhead (BBR), chose Suzy's Soba for several reasons, not the least of which were the good food and the chance to eat outside. The place was virtually empty when we got there at 7:00, and Suzy put the three of us at a very small table, which would have seated two comfortably. There was an empty table for four, so we moved there. A little while later, she came out and scolded us for moving, saying she had a reservation for it. So we moved to where we originally were.

I always order the exact same thing when I am at Suzy's - the Ginger Lime Chicken. It's a light salad, with poached chicken, sliced mangos and avacado and a green-goddess-type dressing and some dried cranberries. B&R both ordered the salmon, which was lightly spiced and came served with rice and some sauteed spinach.

The Blonde had a glass of white wine while she was waiting for the other two of us to arrive and then we each had a glass of Suzy's limeade and ginger-limeade. We were never offered desserts, but were asked summarily if we were finished, and then the bill of $73.00 was presented.


As we went to leave, at about 8:30, the "reserved" table had never been taken, and the rest of the restaurant was totally empty. There were two other tables on the deck, but that was it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know people rave about this joint but frankly- we were disappointed. It also seems pricy for noodles- just an opinion

Anonymous said...

$73 for 2 entrees, a salad, a glass of wine and 2 limeaids??

Me said...

WOW! What you DIDN'T say in this review was as instructive as what you did say - a powerfully withering review. I would have been completely pissed if I'd had this experience. Now I have a grudge against this restaurant...even tho I myself have never been there... GRR!

Anonymous said...

Too bad. The food sounds good.

John said...

Weird - I have always had a great experience at Suzy's. The food is a little pricey, so I don't eat there often, but I've never had a bad experience. Hopefully this is just a quirk.